Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Balance


Life is all about BALANCE. The more you can balance what is important to you, the more fulfilled your life will be. I can breathe deeper these days as the important aspects in my life are being balanced to my preferences.


Today while Madelynn was at Mrs. Stephanie's for Pre-K, Braden, Kamryn and I went to Mitch park with the double stroller. We went around the entire trail--2 3/4 miles. We had so much fun. Braden loved to go fast down the bills and really loved crossing the bridge! We talked about it most of the day. It was a great work out for me pushing the stroller through the park!

I'm cooking more now too! I've always been a little self-conscious about my cooking. Well, I try but Lord knows I'm not the best! and with my husband, it seems to just come natural. His lasagna is the BEST! I used to make lasagna until he showed me up!! :-) But my time during the day is not focused on the stresses of work and I'm now able to think about cooking more and planning the possibilities. Yesterday I cooked Ham Primavera and tonight we had Meat Loaf with parmesan potatoes and Corn on the Cob. Madelynn, Braden and Kamryn cannot eat Corn on the cob fast enough! It's the first thing they grab and the only thing that they finish completely! Tomorrow, I'm going to try my favorite Pot Roast, Rice and gravy. Wish me luck!

This evening I took the time to show Kamryn and Braden how to eat an OREO. If you ever want a messy snack, this is it! But you should have seen them dipping the cookie into the small glass of milk, dropping it in the milk...dropping it on the table...the now squishy cookie is all over their hands and covering their mouth!! Kamryn likes to touch her face and hair especially when her hands are dirty... It was absolutely priceless! I laugh just thinking about their faces and hands and how they just couldn't get enough. Special moments to remember. Oreos are my favorite!

Well here's to balancing what means the most to you and being able to smile more, laugh more and living a little lighter.

No comments: