
Back to school shopping had really worn Madelynn out. She was really just ready to go home. She didn't want new clothes. She said that she had plenty. I saw this dress and knew that she would love it...even though at the time of the purchase, she could really care less.
And then the story changes... As she tries the dress on for the first time at home, a new excitement and smile that radiated completely took over. She began to twirl around and couldn't believe how well the dress "spinned."
"Kamryn!" she exclaims, "we're going to have a party! This is my party dress. What dress do you want to wear?" "Mom, can we have a party?" It can be a small party, just me and kamryn and braden...that's all. but I'm going to wear my dress."
She wore the dress for a while on Saturday. Sunday she wore it to church and felt like the "most beautiful girl." Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday...it was the first thing that she would put on each morning. She would twirl around, and ask about having another party. There was just something about this dress and it was all she wanted to wear. It made me laugh a little each time she put it on and how she seemed to float just because she had it on.
2 comments:
She looks beautiful. I don't blame her..I'd wear that dress every day too! Is Madelynn getting excited about school?
Miss ya!
Megan
Good words.
Post a Comment