I'm at it again! I'm shooting to run the Dallas Half in November of this year! My goal is set and my training has begun. It's been a bit of a slow start but I'm finding my inner drive and remembering why I enjoy running. Last weekend, I ran in the "Run the Boulevard" 5K. I had been in Miami that week for work and running didn't quite make it into my travel and work obligations but I still ran the race. It felt good crossing the finish line even if my pace was quite a bit slower than all who participated. It was really about me, starting the race, crossing the finish line and getting the t-shirt! It was an accomplishment!

I'm doing it again this weekend in the Red Bud Classic 5K. I'm shooting to decrease my time from last weekend and feel confident that I should be able to...depending on the hills...if they throw hills in this course, it will probably kill me, but my accomplishment still lies in crossing that beautiful finish line!
Before I know it, these 5Ks will be nothing as I begin to increase my mileage and build up my endurance. The 2006 Half was such a huge accomplishment for me! I did it in 2 hours and 18 minutes! I'd like to do a little better this year so we'll see!
I'm not sure where 2007 went...do you ever sit and go wait...where did that time go? I do it all the time. But 2007 was a year I was ready to finish and I was joyfully leaping into 2008 with the mindset to make this year great. It's all a mindset...if it's up to me, I'm going to do what I can to do my best and make this the best year I can.
As I set my mind to this 2008 goal, one of the first things I did was rally some of my dearest and closest friends to hold me accountable and be my encouragers! They have all given me words of encouragement and are already asking how my running is going when we speak! I dearly love the friends that God has blessed me with...
So here's to goals! Here's to setting goals, working towards them and accomplishing them!
Here's to growing and learning in the pursuit of those goals!
Cheers!

No comments:
Post a Comment