He pleaded. He insisted. He wanted to ride his tricycle to the neighborhood pool all by himself. I gave in. The girls and I loaded up in the car and slowly drove right next to Braden as he peddled as fast as he could...as if he were racing mom in her big car to the pool! His excitement radiated through his smiles and that one of a kind laugh. I encouraged him the whole way and told him what a great job he was doing. He had his sisters saying hi and yelling "are you okay, Braden?" the entire way.
We swam for a little while but it wasn't long and Braden was ready to go home....and if you thought he would be too tired to peddle back home...well think again. His energy level escalated as we packed up pool bag to head back home because he wanted to ride all by himself next to mommy again! I was impressed. The whole reason I drove was because I just knew he would be too tired to ride back home and I didn't want to get stuck with three tired kiddos walking home with a tricycle. :-)
Oh the joy of accomplishment...nothing can quite compare!
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment